Sunday, June 20, 2010

My toddler daughter won't listen to other people?

My daughter is 3 yo and won't listen to her teacher at preschool. She just started but is the worst kid (behavior wise) in her class. She refuses to participate in class and refuses to listen. She is difficult for us to discipline as well. I feel like I am just ripping my hair out. I don't know what to do. I have been doing timeouts, taking things away, and explaining things to her, but it makes no difference. I have even resorted to spanking to get her attention, but all she does is laugh at me. She listens to my husband more than anyone. I just really am at my wits end. I don't understand - I have done everything according to the books for so long and I feel it is getting me no where. She is very head strong and confident in herself, and I love it - but this is driving me nuts. I don't know - all the other kids in her preschool are so much better behaved and I am afraid she will get kicked out.



My toddler daughter won't listen to other people?

She is new there. Give her time, she will settle in to the routine of the day care/preschool. The setting is usually much more structured than the home environment, and they will go with the flow soon enough.



I saw a huge change in both my kids shortly after putting them in to a day care centre. Like with in a couple weeks, they would go to bed without a problem, their manners improved etc etc.



Dont worry, she wont get kicked out! I would bet you that each and every one of the kids there had the same inital adjustment period, and the preschool workers will accept her with love. It takes a special kind of person to work with kids, (esp toddlers with attitudes!!) and they know that given time, she will fit in just fine.



My toddler daughter won't listen to other people?

You have to get to the bottom of WHY is she lashing out like that. There is usually a reason why a toddler is misbehaving. Whether it be a change in family, routine, sleep, hunger, etc. When doing so, then you can probably find a better solution on how to discipline her. I am sorry I dont have an answer, but the answer lies within your toddler and it is up to you to open that box! I am sure she will be ok once you assess the reasons for her behavior!



My toddler daughter won't listen to other people?

Call one of those Nanny shows on T.V. Sorry honey, I dunno. Sounds like you're trying really hard. Do you deepen your voice when you're getting stern with her? I think the bass in a man's voice is what scares them into listening. Maybe you could start to reward her when she actually does listen, like creating a chart on a wall where you put stars everytime she listens well and tell her when she gets a certain # of stars she'll get a prize.



Goodluck!



My toddler daughter won't listen to other people?

Sorry Mom, if she won't listen to even you, why expect her to listen to her tecaher? First thing's first, you need to set FIRM rules around the homefront. When we were younger we had the 3Ds:



Dishonesty= 1 slap



Disobedience= 2 slaps



and



Defiance= 3 slaps



All of the above with no sign of stopping: The set amount of slaps and banned from TV, computer, games, desserts, fun activities and favorite toy set somewhere very visible but unreachable for a week.



When she doesn't do as you say, (I know this sounds cruel but...) get a wooden ruler and slap her hand the number of times you choose. Spanks, they stink a little. A wooden ruler burns and is no laughing matter.



I know it sound bad, but one of the thinsg to remember is if she isn't taken care of at this young age, when she's a teenager she'll be uncontrolable and may wind up getting herself hurt. A couple of ruler slaps saves her from millions of problems as a teenager which wouldn't be prevented because you're unable to control her behavior.



My toddler daughter won't listen to other people?

She just started and she's testing her limits and determining boundaries. She sounds like my 2 and a half year old, its very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan