Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.

I do not know what to do with my hair, make-up, or what to wear. I have two kids and not a lot of money so my wardrobe isn't huge. I have a couple skirts and a couple pairs of kaki pants and a few dressier shirts like brown, pink ad blue. I have basic make-up mostly nutral eyeshadows, mascara, black eyeliner, lip gloss, and foudation/powder. I have long blonde hair and I have fair skin. So if you have any ideas please let me know. I need this job really bad!!!!



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

Go to the department store and look at their clothing selection and at what the employees are wearing. Dress professional no matter what, however the level of trendiness you can show depends on the trendiness of the store. If money is an issue, you *could* purchase a suit from another store and return it after the interview. I would say this is probably morally wrong, but what the heck. Just don't do it at the store you're applying to, luck would have it that the interviewing manager would see you returning it!!! Another option would be to look at discount stores like Marshalls or even used clothing stores. If you wear what you already have I would opt for the skirts rather than the Khakis - khaki pants are kind of the universal business casual, and the one thing you don't want to be for an interview is casual.



As far as makeup and hair, understated is best. Natural shadows and no heavy eyeliner. Hair should be comfortable for you - now is not the time to try a new hairstyle. Make sure you wear it neatly and that it looks stylish however. If you always wear it down blow dry it with a little flip under or something to that effect. If you normally wear it up, a neat bun, a flipped pony tail or a french braid can all work well.



Make sure your shoes are clean and scuff free (no rips in the material around the heels!) If you wear a coat or jacket that is not a "business like" style, leave it in the car or if the dept. store is in a mall, leave it in a convenience locker. Make sure any jewelry you wear is not obviously cheap (some costume pieces are convincing, some are not), and that you don't overdo it - one small pendant and stud earrings or small hoops is usually the maximum. Choose to wear no perfume or a very light spritz. Purses are usually a no-no at interviews, but I suppose in this case it would depend on the position you are applying for (opt for a briefcase or small satchel if you are going for a management position. A purse is probably fine for clothing sales.)



If you really want to make yourself stand out, bring a copy of your resume with you. Even cashier applicants can have resumes, but an awful lot of cosmetic counter and clothing sales applicants don't bother with this step.



Best of luck to you!



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

buy alot of pantyhose...#1...



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

If this department store has a clothing section, you can always try on an outfit that looks great on you, go to the interview, then change back into your normal clothes. :) As far as the rest, I'll let someone else answer those



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

Take a walk around the store %26amp; see what the other ladies are wearing %26amp; dress that way for the interview. Once you get the job, buy something new with each paycheck. You'll build your wardrobe without going broke.



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

stick to natural makeup and hair. you should have it straight, and either up in a ponytail or half-ponytail to stay looking professional. make sure that anything you wear isn't stained, ripped, etc. other than that, wear nice pants and a nice shirt and smile alot!



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

I feel that any job interview you should dress to impress. whether it is McDonald's or a bank. You can never go wrong with khakis, if it is a clothing store and you have a simple pair of shoes/knee boots then I would go with the skirt(nothing short knee length is good). That way they can see you have a little style. As far as the makeup keep it simple and natural. I say put all the color into your outfit(nothing loud). If you do wear the khakis make sure to accessorize. Add a purse go, get some $2 - $3 pair of earrings and maybe a necklace or some cheap bracelets to go with it. Khakis are plain so dress yourself up a bit. Good luck, I hope you get the job.



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

i would soooo NOT listen to the person that told you to wear some of their clothes to the interview unpurchased!!! They could think that you're trying to steal!!! and ew! You'd be nervous and sweat in them! NOT a good first impression. I'm sure you're smarter than to listen to that person anyway :). Dress up but be conservative, classy, and wear natural makeup. Don't wear too much perfume-the interviewer may be allergic. As long as they get the impression that you've got class then you're fine. I also think its a good idea to walk around the store a day or two before and check out what the associates are wearing to get a better idea. Remember: classy and natural! They want someone that customers won't be scared to approach...somone the customers will ask if outfits look right etc. most of the time that means someone with a classic look-not too outgoing and not too harsh of a style or makeup. There are exceptions to that rule depending on the type of store. Good luck!!!



I am hoping to get a job at a local department store and I don't have a clue what to wear, etc.?

Hi! First of all, good luck with your interview ---I have a feeling you'll get the job!



Secondly, as far as what to wear is concerned, take one or two trips to the department store you'll be applying for a job. Take a leisurely walk through the whole entire store, but more importantly, walk thru the department you'll be working at.While you are doing this, take careful notice of what the employees are wearing. Try your best to imitate that same look if your bugdet allows. A nice blouse with freshly ironed slacks would be fine along with lowheeled shoes (no "open " toes!). Wear your hair back (neater and they can also see your pretty face) and keep your makeup to a minimum: a little powder and a hint of blush, light shade of lip gloss, and no over-powering perfume. Remember they want to envision you as part of their "team" !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan