Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ahhhhh! no one told me that even a simple wedding is stressful. i'm getting married in septembe

i'm not having a wedding due to family drama. we're getting married at the courthouse %26amp; having a small celebration at my in-laws'. 1st problem is i live in small town %26amp; we want to get married at the courthouse there i have to get my hair done %26amp; wedding photos %26amp; rent a tux %26amp; get leave 4 our honeymoon. all on the same day %26amp; my hair salon is in a different town %26amp; my photographer is in a city in the opposite direction %26amp; i can't do anthing the day before cause my boyfriend has to work %26amp; the day after we will be on our honeymoon. how can i pull this off? don't say have everything at my hometown cause its not possible due to being a small town. 2nd problem is how do i tell my mother not to bring my sister %26amp; avoid drama? she takes everything to the extreme. nobody likes my sister %26amp; her thug boyfriend. she has no respect for peoples stuff %26amp; has 3 kids %26amp; will have a newborn by then, that she doesn't watch cause my mother or i do %26amp; i will be busy %26amp; my mother can only control one at time.



Ahhhhh! no one told me that even a simple wedding is stressful. i'm getting married in september. help!?

WAIT! You lost me completely with this question. Okay, so you want to get married at the courthouse but your hair salon is in a different town and so is your photographer and you need to get ready for your honeymoon?



Right, first of all, you need to get some real "to do" lists in order if you are up against that much. It's really not as stressful as you're thinking. You just need to be more organized. You sound like you're all over the place!



Make a complete list for your honeymoon and that means everything you are taking. You need to pack a couple of days before the wedding. Anything you won't be using until the day you leave, goes in the bags and everything you can't forget to take or are still using, stays on your list to get crossed off as you're packing the night before or the day of.



If your hair salon is in a different town, I don't see a problem with this. All you need is coordination. Drive time, time at the salon, etc. to be able to get to your ceremony on time. You just need to figure out how long it will take and schedule yourself accordingly.



I don't get the photographer thing. You said he's in a different city. Wouldn't he be coming to you that day? To your ceremony? Or are you having shots taken at a different location? If you are, I would suggest doing that earlier. I wouldn't want to add that kind of stress. I would suggest picking a day for you to both go (wedding dress and all) to have the photography done. If you don't want him to see you in your wedding dress before the ceremony, then plan the shots for later. I'm sorry. It's seems confusing. I'm just not sure what your time line is.



As for the sister %26amp; boyfriend, that sounds like a nightmare! I would tell your Mom flat out before doing anything else, that you do not want them there. Period. This is your wedding. Not your Mother's. Not your Sister's. You do as you please on this day. Don't be afraid to speak up and take charge! You need to just dominate! I wouldn't want some thug BS going on at my wedding either. I left one of my friends off because of that. I don't trust her and don't want drama.



Ahhhhh! no one told me that even a simple wedding is stressful. i'm getting married in september. help!?

Sounds like a fun time..don't you just love family. j/k. First, plan to get your hair done early. Rent the tux a few days before hand. Your boyfriend can go and get measured for it when it is convenient for him (such as 2 weeks before the wedding, ) and maybe you or someone else could go pick it up, and also have someone return it for you while you are on your honeymoon. (I don't know if it is just what you want to do or not, but you don't have to wear a tux to the courthouse, you guys can wear whatever you want. a nice suit could be good too. ) Also, have the photographyer come to your inlaws house to take pics. I don't know why you would have to go to your photographer. Next thing, about taking leave from work, shouldn't you ask prior to the day of your wedding to take a vacation from work? Make sure you pack your stuff for the honeymoon days before the wedding, this way you don't forget anything, and you aren't rushed. Also, you may just have to flat out tell your mom, or your sister, sorry, this is not the place for you. My inlaws have different standards as to what's acceptable, and children running around and grown men cussing and smoking weed is not what they want in their house during our reception. Maybe just your sis could come and her boyfriend could watch their brood.



Ahhhhh! no one told me that even a simple wedding is stressful. i'm getting married in september. help!?

Well my advice to you is if you can spend a bit of money on some "Ushers/Bouncers" then you should be ok.



Or you could ask your Fiance about rescheduling the time %26amp; not letting anyone know until right before.



Or you could alope the answer lies with what you and your fieance are willing to do to aviod that type of problem.



Try talking to your inlaws about the issue. Let them know what's going on %26amp; see what happens. Things might just work out.



Hope your wedding is problem free. Stress free wedddings never happen. Have a pleasant evening.



Ahhhhh! no one told me that even a simple wedding is stressful. i'm getting married in september. help!?

Elope. Take your fiance and just elope. Some people take witnesses with them when they elope so take the inlaws, they might really like it. Plan ahead, check out areas where you can go, look up trade %26amp; tech schools that are nearby, some have salon services that are less expensive than a normal salon and they just might have some really good photography students who'll take photos and at a lesser cost to you. See if they have a clergyman or JP who'll perform the ceremony, don't forget the marriage license too. Less stressful, a wedding is meant to be enjoyed find the least stressful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan