Thursday, November 26, 2009

In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

My son had a nice bowl cut, very very cute and he had this hair ever since 10 months. I refused to cut his hair and trimmed it occassionally, they told me he looked like a filipino kid because of the hair and I was totally shocked, because my niece and nephew are filipino. One day they had a sleepover with my son, I dropped him off with a bowl cut and the next day all of his beautiful hair was GONE!!!! The gave him this awful fade, and he doesn't look like my son hairwise anymore!!! I've been waiting for his hair to grow back, it's been awhile and still no long locks. The inlaws told me they can't wait for his hair to grow back since they didn't like the result of the haircut...What can I do with his short hair???



http://www.geocities.com/fourcheeks4/hai...



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

I agree completely his hair looks better with the bowl cut, them cutting it was wrong and I think you need to distance yourself away from these people. They are strange and I bet they act out and show you and your son that he isn't cute to them anymore, that's why they felt sad after they got his hair cut. Just wait, it'll probably take a year to grow it back, by that time he'll be 3 right? He will not want the bowl cut anymore.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Wait.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

he does look different but is still cute. i would be mad if my in laws cut either on of my kids hair good luck



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

AHHHH....... he's still a cutie.... he looks all grown up doesn't he.



I would have been pissed.. And I dont know what to tell you except tell them not to ever never ever do that sort of thing with out asking again.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

That's AWEFUL what they did. They had no right to cut his hair without consulting you first. Unfortunatly, there's not much you can do with his hair. The hair he had was gone and you're just going to have to wait until it grows back. You can try putting on a cute hat, but chances of him keeping it on or not great. My sons didn't like hats, and I have to threaten them to keep it on when we're in the sun. PS I love the pics. Your son is very cute with the bowl cut hair cut.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Sad but you will have to wait till it grows back.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Well they should have asked before doing. You may spike it up, anything to give it a lift. Before you knw it it will be out again.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

thats a big difference but he still looks great :)



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

His haircut isn't that bad. But I think they should have asked you before cutting it. It just doesn't look as full as it did before. And, what's wrong if he looks filipino? He he. He isn't and to me he doesn't look like it. Anyway, I guess you will just have to wait for it to grow in. It will just take a while. But next time, tell them to ask before doing things.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Relax and wait .....it will grow back



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Tell you what, I would of given the damn inlaws a mouthful after that. Grandparents buy lollies, take kids to movies, make hot chocolates. Cutting hair - unless specifically asked to by mum and dad, is completely off limits. How rude of them. Sounds as though they were trying to undermine you. Whether they like his hair cut or not, its your child, they had no right doing what they did. Youre right, he looked much cuter before. I guess that you have to admit that sooner or later he would of grown out of that style, and now, no thanks to the inlaws, it has happened sonner then expected. So, try to accept that for the moment, this is what your handsome boy looks like. There is not much else you can do. You dont want to put to much emphasis on his hair to him - otherwise he will start to worry and become self conscious. As much as it sux, you are probably more upset than he is. If he is happy, you just have to try and be happy. Sorry I cant offer better help than that.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

You need to make it clear to your in-laws that you're the child's parent and it's your decision on the style of your son's hair. Otherwise it won't matter how long it takes for it to grow out. They'll think they can just take him for another haircut. I agree with you, his old haircut was much better and cuter! Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do but wait for it to grow out. As it does, start cutting it in the style you want him to have. By the way, you're son's a cutey no matter what his hair looks like!



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

They shouldn't have cut his hair without your permission. However, he's totally adorable, I love the new look. He's a beautiful little boy!



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

First of all...I would NEVER be leaving my son with them again. This is overstepping their boundaries and so rude! If my inlaws EVER cut my childrens hair without permission there would be hell to pay.



As for what to do with his hair...I guess you will just have to wait until it grows back but make sure you let your inlaws know in no uncertain terms that they can never do this again.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

You will have to wait till it grow back, But I would tell the grandparents although i know you didnt like his cut this was his father and I descion to cut his hair not yours. Make it clear that it will never happen again. He is still a cutie, so don't worry it will grow back. Worse things could of happen then a haircut. I would indeed be mad but not much you can do now. I wish this was all my in laws did to my kid. . Good luck



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

I hope your son isn't getting the drift of the tension here.



I would feel like doing something very hurtful to my inlaws, and would tell them if they ever laid a hand on him again to change his appearance I would get a peace bond to keep them away. But that's me.



If my first reactions were calm and sweet, I'd say that they had their turn to be parents with their own kids, please let me be the parent of mine.



Here's a true story: In his mid-teens my oldest son was right into all the colors ever imagined. We were living in different homes at the time, and one day when I went to pick him up from his friends house, his hair was a color I could not cope with. I made a critical remark, which of course ruined the visit. As we were driving I was angry and so very, very sad that my handsome young son would do this to himself. I was so very upset, that he actually offered to die it back to his natural color. We stopped at several places but none could color it back all at once.



All that being said, can you imagine how I felt when he told me it was the mother of his friend who had been dying it!!!!



I went ballistic, I was temperarily insane. I told him that he better tell her to keep her hands off him or I would beat her to kingdom come AND that if he didn't tell her I WOULD.



He told her, and from then on the colors were not extreme and either he did it himself or a friend helped him.



Yeah, moms can sure be nuts sometimes. So you can believe me when I say his hair will grow back naturally and you can start over. I say you handled it well.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

I can't believe they cut his hair and then had the nerve to tell you they can't wait till it grow back cause they don't like it. I think i would have taken some scissors to their hair. \



But i am sure your baby is still a cutie too. Just wait till it grows back. it might just seem like a long time cause you want it to grow back so fast and the truth is it took ten months for him to grow it. so it might take another ten months to come back. it will be cool though but they wouldn't keep him again. what's next an earring?(smile)



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

He is still very handsome! But I would be so mad at my in-laws!! I know how you feel about the hair...Ive been growing my sons since birth and I would be so frustrated if someone other than myself cut his hair!! Theres really not much you can do but wait for his hair to grow back!! Have you asked him how he feels about not having his hair anymore!?!?



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Aww! He is so cute! You can just wait until it grows back...and sometimes when you spike it up it looks cute on little boys. I do that with my son sometimes. It's so cute!



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

The only thing you can do is wait.



I would be very angry with my in laws if they cut my child's hair.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

my granparents did the same thing with my hair.



I had long brown hair that had a little bit of curl in it. My grandmother had seen another girl with really cute short hair and took me, without my parents permission or knowledge, to get a short haircut. Unfortunately, I came out looking like a boy. The haircut was hideous. When I looked at myself in the mirror, my words were "just like my daddy."



my mother was, of course, furious. She kept her cool and never let on to me that anything was wrong. my grandmother never took me to get my hair cut again.



Don't let your son know how bad you hate the cut. it'll grow out eventually, but making him self-concious could last a lot longer.



there's nothing you can do but let it grow. BUT, whenever you start losing your temper, remember this: it could be worse. At least your kid still looks like a boy.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

I would be highly pissed, first they did not ask. You are the parent not them. I would take control of this quick. Or, they will keep on doing things without you permission.



Oh! You might want to get him a real jersey, you know, a SAINTS jersey.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

He is still a cutie!! You will just have to wait till his hair grows a little, maybe you can spike it or something. I would be really mad if my in-laws or my parents cut my childs hair without my permission.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

i would go nuts at the in laws and tell them that you no longer trust them. There is not much you can do other than wait or go to the hairdresser and get her to cut it in a different fashion



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

AWWWWWW.... What a cutie you have there!!!! with long AND short hair. but as far as his hair growing back, You are going to have to wait it out. and in the mean time no more sleep overs with the in laws (or maybe even unacompanied visits) i hope you expressed your anger at them. i sure would have.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

awwwww.....poor mama!!! *hugs* He is adorable...looks like he should be a model!! I'm not sure how you feel about it, but either you could just buzz off the rest of it and start over from scratch.....(I'm assuming that would be a no for you considering the fact that you love him with his cute thick full hair...lol)... or, maybe try to get a bit creative and try a little bit of gel in it. Not to make it super spikey, but maybe like a little wannabe faux hawk or something. Or even just bring it up a bit in the front...kinda like a Ryan Seacrest or Ty Pennington type of cutie do??? At least until it grows out....



I'm sorry for your loss!! ;)



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Well I am sure that they were only trying to help and at least they admit that they don't like the result either!



As others say wait - and don't make too much of a fuss about it in front of him or he will become self-consious.It won't kill him and he won't have to have a haircut for a while which will please him if I know boys!



One day however he will have to have a haircut that fits in with other's requirements (for a job interview for instance) but in the meantime let him get on with other things than worrying about his haircut (that is your job for now!).



Best wishes,



Joan.



In laws cut my son's hair, now my son doesn't look like My SON?

Good night!! Okay, I feel your rage. The racial comment was hateful, and the haircut is just an extension of that. Makes me feel sorry for your niece and nephew, to be honest. They weren't trying to be helpful at all, in this case. And even if they had been, this completely crosses the line of boundaries.



I don't know where you are, but here in So Cal the boys like the short spikey skater style as much as the long styles. So I like the answers above, suggesting a trendy little spiky 'do with some gel. At least try to make the best of a bad situation. He really has beautiful hair - it will grow back just as beautiful in time.



Good luck with the in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
secured loan